The World Bank Country Office in Conakry is recruiting an Operations Officer to provide operational support to the Country Manager. The Operations Officer will report to the Country Manager, Guinea.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide general operational support to the Country Manager as needed, including attending meetings, facilitating provision of operational information; liaising between donors and stakeholders.
- Contribute to teamwork, workflow coordination and an operating culture focused on client service appropriate for fragile countries and Conflicted affected states, as envisaged under the Country Partnership Strategy.
- Coordinate management of the portfolio, including facilitating in-country missions, providing guidance and comments to task teams, and interacting with the client on a regular basis on portfolio management issues.
- Produce reports and analysis of the Guinea portfolio, including ensuring the quality of portfolio performance management through project implementation, monitoring and assistance.
- Carry out regular corporate and country portfolio reviews; drafting briefing and speaking notes; providing key input in the preparation of briefs, including for senior management and for Spring/Annual Meeting briefs; helping coordinate CMU contributions into the review of regional and corporate products; and other operational tasks, as needed.
- Carry out results tracking of the IDA and trust fund portfolio, working in collaboration with M&E Specialist as needed, liaising regularly with task teams and the Washington DC CMU on both the framework and the progress towards project outcomes, raising issues to management as needed.
- Under the supervision of the CM, provide strategic advice to Government, Civil Society Organization, and Donor Agency counterparts working with the World Bank.
- Masters’ degree with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
- Ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams within a matrix environment; Experience with multi-stakeholder governance, social accountability, leadership, and managing multi-stakeholder networks that engage non-traditional World Bank clients such as networks of youth, private sector & CSOs.
- Previous experience in Fragile States and work in World Bank Country Office preferred.
Applications: For the FULL job description, selection criteria and required competencies, qualified candidates are requested to submit an on-line application at www.worldbank.org/careers. Click on > Current job openings > Job Family > Operational Services > Job Type > Professional & Technical > Location > Conakry, Guinea > Select Job # 170815. The World Bank is committed to achieving diversity of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Closing date for receipt of applications is May 10, 2017. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.